9 ingredients · 1 hour 10 minutes · 1 serving
- Place the steak inside a large resealable freezer bag or large dish. Add the lime juice and zest, orange juice, oil, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Ensure the steak is well covered. Let it sit in the fridge for up to one hour.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry, reserving the marinade. Season the steak with salt and pepper and then place it on the grill and cook for seven to nine minutes, depending on thickness and desired doneness. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the leftover marinade. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Slice the steak against the grain and divide onto plates. Drizzle the orange marinade over top. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
- 113 grams Skirt Steak
- 1/3 Lime (juiced, zested)
- 15 milliliters Orange Juice
- 15 milliliters Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 Garlic (cloves, smashed and roughly chopped)
- 394 milligrams Cumin
- 125 milligrams Oregano
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 gram Cilantro (roughly chopped)
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Add chili flakes, smoked paprika, or chili powder to the marinade.
Add chopped roasted peanuts on top of the steak when serving.
Cook on a cast iron pan over medium-high heat until cooked to your liking.
No Skirt Steak
Use flank steak instead.