This recipe is for you if you are looking for a nutritious soup with fantastic health benefits. I’m a big fan of paleo, and I love this soup. This hearty Paleo French onion soup is gluten- and dairy-free and loaded with ingredients that will increase your body’s antioxidant potential.
Foods with high acidities, such as onions, lemon juice, white vinegar, white wine, and tomato sauce, can help invigorate weak bones and other broths. «The acidity of these ingredients helps complement and enhance the broth’s flavor, not mask it. But be sure to use these ingredients sparingly because you don’t want a very sour taste,» Norton says. Lemon goes well with chicken stock, vinegar goes well with beef stock, and white wine goes well with broth when making a sauce.
The only problem is I wouldn’t say I like to eat onions all the time. So I made a recipe with a twist, which turned out pretty Yummy. I used a mix of French onion and garlic, adding some fresh ginger and cilantro. You can use regular onions if you prefer something other than the onion part.
Paleo French onion soup recipe
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Three large onions, sliced thin.
- 1 tsp. Of fresh ginger and garlic paste.
- Half a cup of washed and finely cut cilantro.
- Two tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Two tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves.
- Two bay leaves.
- Six cups of vegetable stock or bone broth.
- Himalayan pink salt and black pepper, as per taste.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and heat it on a medium flame.
- Add onions and stir slowly to coat with oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the onions become translucent and slightly caramelized.
- Stir in garlic and ginger paste, and cook to sauté.
- Add 6 cups of vegetable stock or bone broth.
- Add two bay leaves and two teaspoons of thyme leaves.
- Simmer for 30 minutes on the low flame till the broth is slightly reduced.
- Season with Himalayan pink salt, vinegar, and black pepper, as per taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Variations in the Recipe
If you want to make this soup more exotic, you can twist the recipe by adding the ingredients below.
1-You can add lemon juice to enhance the taste.
2- You can make it spicier by adding two cinnamon sticks, 2-3 anise, and ¼ teaspoon of nut butter.
The serving size of this miracle soup is 340 g/package. Each serving provides you with 260 calories.
- Carbohydrates 14g.
- Total carbs 13g
- Sugar 3g.
- Fiber 1g.
- Fats 20g.
- Saturated fats 7g.
- Cholesterol 25mg.
- Proteins 7g.
The miracle Paleo onion soup provides you with the benefits essential for the overall well-being of you and your family. Below mentioned are some of them.
1-Supports healthy heart function
According to the studies, quercetin is the flavonoid in onions that is responsible for healthy heart function. It increases the antioxidant potential of your body. Moreover, it helps in,
1- Lowering blood pressure.
2- Managing blood cholesterol levels.
3- Reducing inflammation.
The best antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties present in the Paleo onion soup provide significant protection against cellular damage and bone loss.
3-Good for gut health
Onions are rich in non-digestible fibers responsible for producing short-chain fatty acids. These SCFAs act as a portion of food for your gut microbiota and help them increase in number. These prebiotics is crucial for your gut health.
4-May improve weight loss
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nature of onions helps you shed more pounds quickly. Those seeking weight management can easily incorporate Paleo onion soup into their dietary regimes.
5-May improve diabetes and other metabolic disorders
Onion soup is dairy-free, grain-free, and gluten-free. Adding this recipe to your diet plan will balance your blood sugar levels by helping you with hyperinsulinemia or estrogen dominance.
Have you ever tried this soup and how do you feel about it?
[…] Sour cream […]