As a rule, classic ramen is prepared with wheat noodles and from improvised ingredients — what is stale in the refrigerator. I suggest using buckwheat noodles. Firstly, it does not fall apart like wheat, and secondly, (yes, yes) it does not contain gluten. I anticipate your surprise at how quickly such fragrant ramen actually cooks! Do not forget that its main trump card is a delicious, healing broth, and for it you need the most valuable ingredients — chicken bones and juicy, fragrant vegetables.
Ingredients soba noodles (For 1 person)
For the broth:
- 300-500 g chicken bones
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- a bunch of your favorite herbs (thyme, basil, marjoram, rosemary)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cm piece of ginger
For a serving of ramen
- 50 g boiled chicken
- 100 g cooked soba (buckwheat noodles)
- 1 pokchoi
- Asian mushrooms (enoki and shiitake)
- 1/2 boiled egg
- fresh herbs (onion, parsley)
- chili flakes
- soy sauce
- a clove of garlic
How to cook Japanese soba noodle ramen recipe step by step
- Place chicken bones (you can also use necks), halved onion, garlic, diced celery, carrots and ginger in a deep saucepan. Tie up the herbs and put them in the pot as well. Fill with water and put on medium heat. Cover the saucepan with a lid. Once it boils, reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes. Strain the broth several times.
- Saute the sliced mushrooms and pokchoi until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients for ramen into a deep bowl or bowl: chicken meat, mushrooms, egg, pokchok.
- Crush a clove of garlic into a glass, fill it with hot chicken broth. Add 1-2 tbsp. soy sauce. Pour the sauce over the ingredients in the bowl, garnish with chili flakes and herbs on top.