I bring to your attention a bright and very tasty salad sushi in layers with Philadelphia red fish recipe. The dish is very tasty, presentable and easy to prepare. This unusual «Sushi Cake» will be able to surprise all your relatives and guests, and especially lovers of sushi and rolls. Sushi Salad is perfect for a light but very satisfying dinner, and also looks great on any holiday table!
Leaves «Nori» — 3 pcs.
Salmon or salmon (slightly salted) — 300 g
Curd cheese (I have «Philadelphia») — 750 g
Fresh cucumbers (small) — 2 pcs.
Japanese rice (for sushi) — 250 g
Avocado (ripe) — 1 pc.
Lemon juice — (for avocado) — 1 tbsp
Water for rice — 275 g
● For refueling:
Sugar — 25 g
Salt — 3 g (I have sea salt)
Rice vinegar 3% — 30 g (or apple cider vinegar, wine)
● For decoration:
Wasabi — to taste
Black and white sesame seeds — to taste
Salmon or slightly salted salmon — 5-6 thin slices
Curd cheese (I have «Philadelphia») — 150 g
● For submission:
Ginger (pickled) — to taste
Soy sauce — to taste
Wasabi — to taste
- Lettuce Layers:
- 1: nori — rice — curd cheese — salmon or slightly salted salmon — cucumber.
- 2: nori — rice — curd cheese — avocado.
- 3: nori — rice — curd cheese — salmon or slightly salted salmon.
How to cook Sushi salad in layers with red fish recipe step by step
- First you need special Japanese sushi rice, rinse well in cold running water, at least 5-6 times or until the water is completely clear. (If you still cannot find Japanese rice in the store, then choose from the usual round varieties, but not steamed because it does not have the necessary gluten to give our sushi salad a shape.) Then we transfer the washed rice to a saucepan and pour cold purified water. Cover the saucepan with a lid, put on high heat and bring to a boil.
As soon as the water with rice boils immediately, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for another 15 minutes. (Do not lift the lid of the pot while the rice is cooking, otherwise the rice will take longer to cook.) While the rice is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine rice vinegar (can be replaced with apple or wine), sugar and salt. (I have a sea). Mix well and leave until the ingredients are completely dissolved, the dressing should become completely transparent. After 15 minutes, the rice is almost ready.
2. Turn off the heat, quickly lift the lid, cover the rice with a clean, dry towel and close the lid of the pot tightly again. Leave the rice to cool for 15 minutes. After the specified time, open the lid and remove the towel. Evenly pour the prepared transparent dressing into the hot rice. Thoroughly and very gently mix with a silicone spatula from the edges to the center so as not to damage the integrity of the rice. Otherwise, you will get sticky rice porridge instead of crumbly rice for our sushi cake.
Transfer the rice to a large bowl and leave to cool completely. We prepare the rest of the products: Cut the red fish into large cubes (I have lightly salted salmon, but you can replace it with salmon, shrimp or crab sticks, it will also be very tasty. Cut fresh cucumbers into medium cubes (if desired, cucumbers can be peeled and core). Ripe and soft avocado is cut lengthwise to the bone, divided into two halves, removed the stone and peeled.Cut each half of the avocado into a large cube.Put the avocado in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice so that it does not darken.
3. Assembling the lettuce: To form the lettuce, I will use an 18cm diameter cooking split ring. We set the form on a suitable dish. We lay the edges of the detachable form with an acetate film, so it will be easier for us to remove the ring from the salad, and we begin to collect the salad in layers. Cut the nori sheets to the size of the dish on which we will serve the salad. It can be a round dish like mine or a rectangular dish, all according to your taste and desire. Lay out the first layer of nori sheet with the rough side up. We divide the cooked rice into three parts.
We spread one part of the rice on top of the nori sheet and lightly tamp, but not too much, it is necessary that the rice remains airy enough, keeps its shape and does not fall apart. Curd cheese (room temperature), for convenience, spread in a pastry bag. Put the curd cheese on top of the rice and spread it well over the entire surface of the salad. Next, spread the red fish cut into large cubes on the curd cheese and distribute evenly.
4. Spread fresh cucumbers on top and also evenly distribute over the entire surface of the mold. Gently lay out the second layer of nori sheet with the rough side up. We spread the second part of the rice on top of the nori sheet and lightly tamp, but not too much. Cover with a layer of curd cheese and distribute well over the entire surface of the form. On top of the curd cheese, evenly spread the avocado cut into large cubes and distribute it well over the entire surface of the salad.
And with the last third layer, lay out the nori sheet very carefully, also with the rough side up. We spread the remaining rice, spread it well over the entire surface and lightly tamp it down so that the salad keeps its shape and does not fall apart. Put a layer of curd cheese on rice and also evenly distribute it over the entire surface of the salad.
5. With the final layer, lay out the slices of red fish on top of the salad, spread evenly over the entire top of our cake. Salad decoration: Put the remaining curd cheese in a pastry bag with a rose petal nozzle and make flowers. We carefully lay the finished flowers on top of our salad cake, then make wasabi leaves and sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds in a circle. We cover the form with puff salad with cling film and put it in the refrigerator for impregnation for 1-2 hours.
Thus, the salad will have time to cool well and soak. Before serving, we take the salad out of the refrigerator, remove the cling film, then the detachable form and carefully remove the acetate film. We serve «Sushi Cake» traditionally — with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.